Thursday, September 18, 2008

Why the Economy Sucks

...or more properly titled, two stories of how it got into the shape it is today.

That is, if you agree that a collapsing, sucking void is a shape. I haven't been in elementary school in a long time, so I am not current on all of the "new geometry". Circle, square, triangle...void. Hmm, now I'm not sure, I'll have to check out my nieces' toys.

"Commentary: How we got into this money mess" by Glenn Beck.

Glenn tells it like it is, and regardless of your political leanings, I think everyone can understand a story that includes a Tickle Me Elmo.

Personal favorite - the Elmo disclaimer.

"A layman's guide to sub prime mortgages" a stick figure google docs slideshow.

So easy, even a Junior Accounting Monkey can follow along!

Note - not that I have little kids reading my blog aloud, but there is some profanity involved in the text of the slideshow. But then, anyone who has ever worked in Accounting just takes that for granted. :)

Personal favorites - slide 29 and the conversation in slides 35 to 44.

All of which support MrDolomite's First Rule of Accounting, which he proclaimed back in the mid 1990's:

"Don't Dick with the Money"

No comments: